Friday, January 7, 2011

Freezing My *ss off...10.15 miles in 1 hr. 50 mins 481' ascent

Okay, had to try my new hunter orange (flourescent) bala clava to run today as I jammed out to metallica and s.o.a.d.  My goal, finish the 10.15 miles in 1 hr. 50 mins. and that's exactly what I did!  Now if I can just do that at Leadville (good pacing, not 11min/mile..lol)  I am still figuring how to import my heart rate chart into the blog.  There is something magical about a country roads..I ran on the side of the road and pretended through my sunglasses that it was a ridge going up in Colorado and the trees on the other side of the farmers' fields were other ridges.  I ran as fast as 5:21 min/mi. pace during one of my many bursts for this fartlek workout.  I felt good.  The wind was strong on the way back on Hwy 38.  My balaclava froze and one of my ipod buds fell out..too cold to deal with..uggghhh...got my long run in though ;)  The weather was 24F, so I'm sure this was single digits in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment