Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sick and new goal

Ok, I got another sinus infection.  I finally went to the Dr. and started my antibiotic.  This has led to me missing a week of running.  I have trouble sleeping at work (I'm a firefighter; it's ok) and tend to over train sometimes.  Hopefully, I will be able to run tomorrow to work.
This leads me to my new theme.  My goal for 2011 is to run or bike more than I drive.  This achieves two sub-goals.  First, it lowers how much I pay in gas.  Second, it forces me to get off my butt and put in the mileage.  I figure I have to put in 4,000 miles (~80 miles/wk).  This doesn't sound like a lot of driving, but the more I run/bike the less I drive.  Also, I'm not including when I take mass transit or when my girlfriend drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment