Sunday, January 9, 2011

Long Hilly Run with some Lowden Stairs 2hrs13mins.10 mi. (13:23 min./mi.)1,908' ascent

203 steps
Felt like doing some hills and I was due for some mileage, so I drove over to Lowden (Oregon, IL).  The weather was descent.  My goal was to get as much elevation as I could get without compromising my pace too much.  I felt good as cars cruised past me on the country roads after I left the park.  I picked up the pace a little.  Those stairs really slow me down.  When you get to the top you can look at the Blackhawk statue and when you get to the bottom, you can look at the half-frozen river.  I had someone stop for the second day in a row asking me if I needed a ride..lol.  Clothing: compression leggings, spandex shorts, running shorts, adidas pants, ss shirt, light fleece, black neck warmer, hat, light gloves.  If I repeated this workout 9 more times, it would be equivalent to finishing the Leadville 100 in 27hrs15mins. (except for the thin air and the cold night)...I have a long way to go!
I iced for 15 mins. afterwards while I did 12 sets X 15 reps 3lb. back rows.  sounds wimpy but I tend to neglect my back and it ends up being  180 reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment