Saturday, January 8, 2011

Procrastination.....Easy Day 6.09 miles (10:59 min/mi.) with 353' gain (that's alot in Illinois)

Icing my legs
Ready to Brave Cold!
I decided to keep eating before running.  I need to have an iron stomach in Leadville.  I ate 2 bananas, two bowls of cereal, and a shake.  The weather is cold again.  24F yesterday, and 18F (feels like 6?).  Reworked my balaclava into a thick neck scarf and wore my hat my mom made..My first song is "Mannish Blues [I'm a man]"...Modest Mouse gets me into the freezing weather.  I have shorts, tights, and thick pants that I first wore during 9/11.  I didn't hear about it til a few days later.  The weather doesn't feel as cold as yesterday, but I was only out there half as long.  My camelbak froze again..this time about 1 mile in.  No signs of wild life, so maybe it was too cold for animals to get out.  I ran along the road to simulate going to the park.  I did ice my legs for 25 mins. beforehand, so maybe that's why it didn't seem as cold.  I did my arm exercises while icing my legs.  This saves me 20 or 30 mins. during my day.  Ultramarathon training takes up alot of time, so every little bit helps.  I ran in and out of drainage ditches to get that elevation.  I wish I had the mountains at my disposal, but there is something nice about the country straight aways with just you and the snow.  I saw maybe 5 cars the whole run. 


Arm exercise (while standing in ice bath for 25 mins...with 4 2L and 1 Gallon)
  7.5 lb. swing: 5 min. and then 1 min.
  Overhead swing (5 lb. kettleball): 20 X 4 sets
  7.5 lb. curls: 40, 50, 30, 30
  Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Press (20lbs.): 15 X 4 sets

Use roller on legs

No comments:

Post a Comment